Amazing Hairstyle Ideas for Thick Hair
How many ties have you been told that your hair is too thick? Well, it’s time to stop listening to what others say and start embracing your gorgeous locks. Thick hair can be styled in so many ways. So get ready for these unique hairstyle ideas for thick hair.
The most popular hairstyles for thick hair are typically those that keep the thickness out of your face. Popular styles include slicked-back ponytails, half-updos, and sleek buns. For more ideas on how to style your thick hair, read below.
For women with thick hair, finding the perfect hairstyle can be a challenge. Thick hair is often difficult to deal with because it doesn’t have as much body and volume as other hairdos. But don’t worry.
Different Types of Haircuts for Curly or Thick Hair
Choosing the right haircut is difficult for any woman, even more so if you have thick hair. Not only do your options become limited with thick hair (due to lack of styling options), but it can be hard to find someone who knows how to cut and style thicker hair.
The hair industry has been working hard to develop new and innovative ways to style thick hair. One of the most popular styles is “The Bun.” This hairstyle looks elegant yet chic at the same time. We’ve rounded up our favorite tutorials for you.
Tips for making thick hair look good
Thick hair can be a blessing or a curse, depending on the thickness of one’s mane. If you have thick hair and are looking for tips to make it look great, we’ve got some great ideas for you!
- First things first: shampoo your locks regularly with a sulfate-free shampoo. It will help keep hair from getting too greasy between washings while also making it more manageable. We recommend using dry shampoo in between washes as well to freshen up your style if needed.
- Use conditioner every time you wash your hair (even if it’s a shampoo that has conditioners in it). This will help keep your locks healthy from the inside out.
- Next, use volumizing products like mousse and root boosting spray before blow-drying your hair (or air drying). This will give your locks an extra boost of volume that lasts all day long.
- Keep your cut long – The more length you have in your hair, the easier time you’ll have styled it. So if you’re looking for something new but aren’t ready to commit, try growing out that bob into an A-line cut with layers around the face framed by long bangs.
- Avoid using styling products like hairsprays or gels that contain alcohols that can dry out your scalp and make your strands feel heavy and sticky.
- Keep frizz at bay by using a serum before blow-drying or after towel drying instead of when wet.